Me in 10 seconds
Maker who enjoys creating MVPs and validating ideas.
Half no-code developer and half low-code developer, I understand that the quickest way to build, iterate, and add functionality is by using as little code as possible.
From Barcelona, grew up in Guadalajara 🇲🇽 and now live in Mexico City.
☎️ Contact Information
🐦 Twitter: @aleixordeig
🔗 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aleix-ordeig/
Helping startups and VCs scale processes with automations while exploring my next steps.
Now building IA side projects:
Founding team @Latitud – April 2021 to August 2023
I led the creation of the Harbor community platform. Implemented automations and internal tools to scale operations across the company from community to fund. Played multiple roles within Latitud.
- Led the creation of the Harbor community platform using low-code tools, enabling over 1,000 founders and angels to connect through investor reviews, content library, exclusive benefits, and more.
- Built hundreds of custom automations and internal tools with low-code platforms, including candidate tracking, fund management tools, and other systems to scale company and community operations.
- Implemented over 14 different low-code tools like Make, Airtable, Stacker, Open AI, and trained the team to increase productivity.
- Explored roles in community building, marketing, operations, and venture capital, performing multiple functions in an early-stage startup.
- Played a key role in building a world-class community of founders and angels in Latin America.
- Organized monthly events in Mexico City and helped manage operations/technology at the VLS conference with over 1000 attendees to engage the startup community.
Co-founder @Pactero – June 2020 to November 2020
Pactero (formerly Align) to facilitate other companies launching and scaling Income Share Agreements (ISAs) internally.
Backed by Village Global. The company closed in 2021 after discovering there was no venture-scale market need for facilitating the launch of ISAs to entrepreneurs.
Co-founder @Blockchain Institute Technology – September 2017 to June 2019
My first professional experience was founding a Blockchain bootcamp with the mission of training talent for the industry. We collaborated with IBM, EADA, ESADE, ICIL, and more, training over 150 students in two years in various technology and business programs, generating revenues over 500k.
Gen Z Fellowship – February 2023
We organized a free program and a community for Gen Z founders in Latin America just for fun. A bunch of amazing people (VC investors and founders) from San Francisco and Latin America supported us as speakers or mentors ✌️.
Docus.io – November 2020
Docus is the #1 aggregator for streaming documentaries.
The portal has all live documentaries from 9 streaming platforms like Amazon, Netflix, HBO.
This project started in a weekend with @nachog
Tools: Airtable / Webflow / Parsehub / Parabola
The V1 was built during a weekend and launched the same Sunday. It got over 100 sign-ups and 1000 visits.
I set up ParseHub to get documentaries from 4 streaming services, cleaned the data with Parabola, and stored the data in Airtable.
Designed a website with Webflow and embedded the Airtable iframe with all the documentaries we had already extracted.
Tools+: Jetboost / Sendgrid
I improved the user experience and implemented Jetboost for an instant search experience while browsing documentaries.
Implemented Sendgrid to send a weekly newsletter with all the new documentaries added to the website.
Tools+: Sendgrid / Algolia
Webflow has a limit of 10,000 records per website.
I migrated the database to Algolia to solve Webflow’s record limitations and started thinking about exporting the site and migrating the project to code to make it more scalable, as we had already defined what we wanted to build with docus.io.
Solodoers.com – December 2020
Solodoers is a managed marketplace to connect validated MVPs with talent to scale them and vice versa.
Dreamer 12 of Imagine Silicon Valley – 2019
Podcast La aventura alternativa – 2019
“La Aventura Alternativa“, hosted by Aleix Ordeig, is a podcast that explores new forms of learning, offers perspectives on the current and future job market, and shares inspiring life experiences. With 12 episodes and over 10,000 downloads.
My Favorite Books:
- “Hard Things About Hard Things” by Ben Horowitz: A raw and realistic view of entrepreneurship that taught me the value of facing challenges with integrity.
- “The Almanack of Naval Ravikant”: Inspiring on every page, it motivated me to choose Mexico City as my place of luck and success.
- “The Defining Decade” by Meg Jay: A gift I often give to my younger friends, emphasizing the importance of decisions made in your twenties.
- “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Viktor Frankl: A moving story that has taught me to find meaning in life’s challenges.
- “Africanus: Son of the Consul” by Santiago Posteguillo: The book that ignited my love for reading, immersing me in the ancient world.
- “The Rational Optimist” by Matt Ridley: It changed my perspective towards optimism, showing how a positive outlook can shape our future.
- “The Power of Now” by Eckhart Tolle: An essential tool for focusing on the present and enjoying every moment.
- “Atomic Habits” by James Clear: Highlights the importance of small habits in building a successful future.